Is it just compromising data, not setting internal mechanisms, monetary gain & symptoms that we are trying to understand? The whistle blower on BREXIT referendum has also raised a spectre of suspicion. What is established is that morality, conscience, & democratic spirit are compromised.
- Nexus of academia & businesses for illegal commercial gains. Cutting edge neutral R & D at risk.
- Politicians the world over have no issues in manipulating the electorate.
- Voters are gullible & can be manipulated. Voter maturity?
- The brilliant digital entrepreneurs, are also businessmen of the dirtiest ilk.
- Internal regulations / oversight are meant for public consumption. Not meant for any challenge.
- No criminal cases are registered on findings of internal oversight.
- Companies like Cambridge Analytica use all conventional tools of manipulation with digital ones.
- Elections are fought on emotions & not facts. It’s a game of hope & fear.
- Psychographics opens up vistas of data based manipulation, accurate & effective. Controllable?
- Directed internet content is a possible for millions. Digital marketing at its best. Fallout?
- Sleaze cuts across all professions & geographies. Human minds meet best for wheeling dealing.
- Transparency is meant for public consumption.
- Present nature of compliance is a safety net. Insurance cover literally, without premiums.
DIGITAL AGE HAS TO DECIDE IT’s OWN NATURE OF CONTROLS, LEST IT CORPORATE COLONISATION IS INEVITABLE.